Miss Elliott- Class Teacher
Mrs Binns-Alexander - Class Teacher
Hello, my name is Miss Elliott and I have the privilege of teaching Team Dependable in Year 3 this year. I have worked at Wellgate for eleven years.
1. Describe yourself in three words. Determined, Caring and fair
2. What is your favourite children’s book to read? My favourite book to read as a child was Harry Potter. I love reading Holes to children in Year 6.
3. What do you enjoy about education? Why? I enjoy that every day is a new day. I love that everyday there is a new challenge and a new way to be successful . Even now I am still learning new things every day from colleagues and the children. I also enjoy seeing the children grow in confidence and become ready to take their next steps in their lives.
4. What is the hardest thing you have ever accomplished? I walked Mount Snowdon which was a huge accomplishment for me and I was so proud that I didn’t give up and turn around (which I almost did when it got extremely steep).
5. What is your favourite ice cream flavour? Anything caramel or toffee
6. What is special about the place where you grew up? My friends and my family are there and it's filled with happy memories.
Hello, my name is Mrs Binns-Alexander and I am one of the teachers of Team Dependable in Year 3. I have taught across different year groups at Wellgate for eight years. I enjoy how different every day and every learning moment can be. One of my biggest inspirations in teaching is educationalist Greg Bottrill – I think he is a genius and has such a fascinating understanding of childhood, education and the magic of children. I have two beautiful children and love spending time exploring and adventuring with them. As a family we are always busy on our exploits, walking and talking about the things we see. Although, this is frequently talking about which is our third favourite insect and how many spiders we think would fit in a pocket. I wish I knew more about Science. My mind was blown at a recent conference when the speaker talked about Quantum Physics. I think in another life I would like to come back as a physicist.