Who are the best people to talk to at Wellgate Primary School about my child’s difficulties with Learning/ Special Educational Needs or Disability (SEND)?
- Coordinating all the support for children with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) and developing the school’s SEND Policy to make sure all children get a consistent, high quality response to meeting their needs in school.
- Ensuring that you are:
- involved in supporting your child’s learning
- kept informed about the support your child is getting
- involved in reviewing how they are doing
- Liaising with all the other people who may be coming into school to help support your child’s learning e.g. Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology etc…
- Updating the school’s SEND register (a system for ensuring all the SEND needs of pupils in this school are known) and making sure that there are excellent records of your child’s progress and needs.
- Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school so they can help children with SEND in the school achieve the best progress possible.
Your Child’s Class Teacher
- Checking on the progress of your child and identifying, planning and delivering any additional help your child may need (this could include targeted work and additional support) and letting the Inclusion Manager/SenCo know as necessary.
- Writing Personal Provision Maps (PPM), sharing and reviewing these with Parents/Carers at least once each term and planning for the next term.
- Ensuring that all staff working with your child in school are helped to deliver the planned work/programme for your child, so they can achieve the best possible progress. This may involve the use of additional adults, outside specialist help and specially planned work and resources.
- Ensuring that the school’s Inclusion Policy is followed in their classroom and for all the pupils they teach with any SEND.
Head Teacher – Mrs. C Egginton
- The day to day management of all aspects of the school, this includes the support for children with SEND.
- She will give responsibility to the SenCo and class teachers but is still responsible for ensuring that your child’s needs are met.
- She must make sure that the Governing Body is kept up to date about any issues in the school relating to SEND
SEN Governor – Mrs. Carol Stringer
- Making sure that the necessary support is made for any child who attends the school who has SEND.