Mrs Larkin: I have been teaching at Wellgate for over 6 years now, I have worked in Year 5 and Year 4 and I am really looking forward to teaching in Year 6 this year. I am really looking forward to helping the children improve throughout the year, seeing themselves get better and being proud of themselves. I love learning new ways to do things and helping the children to do that too! My favourite hobby is going out for food with my family and friends. I have two sisters who love doing the same thing too! I have two boys, who I love spending all my free time with. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into Year 6 and having a fun year with my class!
1. Describe yourself in three words. Chatty, caring, and thoughtful
2. What are you most proud of? My two little boys!
3. What is your favourite children’s book to read? The Harry Potter Series – I love them all!
4. What do you enjoy about education? Why? Helping children to improve and seeing themselves get better and be proud of themselves!
5. What do you enjoy learning? Learning new ways to do things
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever accomplished? My degree
7. What is your star sign? Scorpio
Mrs Woodcock: I thoroughly enjoy my job as a teacher. I love seeing lightbulb moments in the children that I teach, sharing knowledge with them and supporting them in their learning. I’m thoughtful, hardworking and determined and I believe that all these qualities support me in my role.
I have two young boys who I’m incredibly proud of – I absolutely love being a mum!
In my spare time, I enjoy exploring new places with my family, playing games and eating. My absolute favourite food in the whole wide world is pizza and my favourite type of ice-cream is Ben and Jerry’s Cookie Dough.
I would love to be able to speak a different language fluently or play a musical instrument. My life is incredibly busy at the moment but one day hopefully I’ll have the time to achieve one of these things.
Mrs Alvarez - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Smith - Teaching Assistant
I have been a teaching assistant at Wellgate for 20 years, and have worked in every year group throughout school.
I am married to Fernando, who is a doctor, and I have 1 daughter called Liz. I also have 5 dogs called Lily, Rosie, Tottie, Tilly and Darcey, who are very naughty.
1. Describe yourself in three words. Caring, helpful, noisy
2. What are you most proud of? My daughter – she’s great!
3. What is your favourite children’s book to read? Meg and Mog books – I loved to draw the illustrations when I was little.
4. What do you enjoy about education? Why? So many things. Working with Team Wellgate; all the children past and present that I have worked with; passing on my knowledge and experience and learning new things personally.
5. What do you enjoy learning? Anything to with art.
6. Do you speak any languages? Ein bisschen Deutsch und Spanish
Hello, I am Mrs Smith and I have loved being a teaching assistant at Wellgate for 25 years. I have three beautiful daughters Emma, Lucy (Mrs Haywood) and Beth and I also have a little cockapoo called Daisy.
1. Describe yourself in three words. Friendly Happy Caring
2. What are you most proud of? My family
3. What is your favourite children’s book to read? Mrs Pepperpot was my favourite when I was younger
4. What do you enjoy about education? Why? I love helping the children learn because the look on a child's face when they understand is priceless.
5. What is the hardest thing you have ever accomplished? Raising my three daughters because unfortunately they don’t come with instructions and sometimes you get things wrong.
6. Who inspires you? My dad inspired me he was my hero.
7. Which city would you most like to live in? This one is easy ST IVES