Mr Woodcock: I've been a teacher for nearly 25 years in Sheffield, Chesterfield and Barnsley. In 2010, I started at Wellgate Primary and have taught in Y5 and Y6 during that time. I am married to Mrs Woodcock, who also works at Wellgate, and we have two lovely young children called Thomas and Oliver. I have a keen interest in sport, computing and eating.
1. Describe yourself in three words: thorough, focussed and realistic
2. What are you most proud of?: My two children
3. What do you enjoy about education? Why?: Explaining the key building blocks of future disciplines
4. What do you enjoy learning? Random facts
5. What is the hardest thing you have ever accomplished? Running the London Marathon in 2003
6. Do you speak any languages?: En Francais un peu
7. What do you wish you knew more about?: Playing a musical instrument.
Mrs Thornton: I have been teaching at Wellgate for nine years now and it is in fact where I secured my first qualified teacher post! I have taught mainly in Y5 but I have also been in years 1 and 6. Before that I worked as a teaching assistant in Sheffield which is where I trained to become a teacher.
Lots of children know me as Miss Roantree, but I recently became a Mrs when I got married to Mr Thornton. We have two beautiful daughters called Frankie Mae and Gracie. I love to bake and have recently discovered a love of musicals.
1. Describe yourself in three words: organised, enthusiastic, hard-working
2. What is your favourite children’s book to read?: The Minpins
3. What do you enjoy learning?: I love learning about animals.
4. What is the hardest thing you have ever accomplished?
Learning to drive. I would never drive Go Karts or Dodgems as a child because I didn’t think I would be able to drive them. However, after forcing myself to have the confidence to book lessons, I passed my driving test first time after just six months of lessons.
5. Who inspires you?
David Attenborough. He wants to change the world and leave it in a better way for future generations.
6. Which city would you most like to live in?: Melbourne
Mrs Alvarez - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Smith - Teaching Assistant
I have been a teaching assistant at Wellgate for 20 years, and have worked in every year group throughout school.
I am married to Fernando, who is a doctor, and I have 1 daughter called Liz. I also have 5 dogs called Lily, Rosie, Tottie, Tilly and Darcey, who are very naughty.
1. Describe yourself in three words. Caring, helpful, noisy
2. What are you most proud of? My daughter – she’s great!
3. What is your favourite children’s book to read? Meg and Mog books – I loved to draw the illustrations when I was little.
4. What do you enjoy about education? Why? So many things. Working with Team Wellgate; all the children past and present that I have worked with; passing on my knowledge and experience and learning new things personally.
5. What do you enjoy learning? I am currently learning to drive.
6. Do you speak any languages? Ein bisschen Deutsch und Spanish
Hello, I am Mrs Smith and I have loved being a teaching assistant at Wellgate for 25 years. I have three beautiful daughters Emma, Lucy (Mrs Haywood) and Beth and I also have a little cockapoo called Daisy.
1. Describe yourself in three words. Friendly Happy Caring
2. What are you most proud of? My family
3. What is your favourite children’s book to read? Mrs Pepperpot was my favourite when I was younger
4. What do you enjoy about education? Why? I love helping the children learn because the look on a child's face when they understand is priceless.
5. What is the hardest thing you have ever accomplished? Raising my three daughters because unfortunately they don’t come with instructions and sometimes you get things wrong.
6. Who inspires you? My dad inspired me he was my hero.
7. Which city would you most like to live in? This one is easy ST IVES